IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR FAMILIES REGARDING THE EARLY INTERVENTION PROGRAM
The Early Intervention Program is a public program funded by New York State and county governments. All services provided under the Early Intervention Program are provided at no out-of-pocket cost to parents, but health insurance may be accessed for reimbursement for early intervention services provided to eligible children and their families. Eligibility for the Early Intervention Program can be determined only by State-approved evaluators under contract with the municipality. If a child is found eligible for the Early Intervention Program, all needed early intervention services are identified in collaboration with the parent and must be authorized by the municipality. The municipality will arrange for service providers, considering the individual needs of the child and family, to deliver services authorized by the municipality. When Early Intervention services are delivered in child care settings or community locations that require a fee, the parent is responsible for paying any associated costs with such access to child care or community locations.
Accelerated Childhood Education is committed to early identification of problems in development of children 0 – 3 years of age, and quality care that will maximize a child’s full potential. ACE will provide quality in-home services appropriate to the needs of both the child and family by providing experienced professionals with the necessary expertise at no cost to the family, (eligibility is based on New York City, Nassau County and New York State Early Intervention criteria).
Our mission is to provide the best early learning environment, individualized for the family in order to develop a child’s potential to the fullest, and help him/her make the most important advances at the time when the window of opportunity for learning and growth is greatest.
ACE Provides In-Home Evaluations
If you are concerned about your child’s development, you can arrange to have a screening or Multidisciplinary Evaluation:
- Our qualified, experienced therapists will come to your home to provide an Evaluation through the NYS Early Intervention Program free of charge.
- Our Evaluators work with your family to assess your child’s strengths and areas of need.
- Evaluators discuss initial results and provide suggestions for your family to encourage learning and development.
- Final determination of eligibility for the NYC Department of Health Early Intervention Program is determined at the initial IFSP meeting with the Early Intervention City official.
Applied Behavior Analytic Services
for children with Pervasive Developmental Disorder, ADD, severe Speech & Language delays, Autism, and Autism Spectrum Disorders:
- Home-Based, individualized programming.
- Monitored and supervised by a Behavior Analyst, Clinical Psychologist, BCBA’s, and/or other experts in the field of Applied Behavior Analysis.
- All programs one-on-one individual instruction.
- Discrete trial, verbal behavior, incidental teaching, and embedded coaching methods are used. All programs are data and research based.
Additional Ongoing Home-Based Services Offered:
- Speech and Language Pathology
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Social Work
- Special Education
- Psychological Series
- Services are available Bilingually when required
Qualifications for Professionals:
- All professionals at Accelerated Childhood Education, Inc., have appropriate licenses and/or certificates in Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Special Education, Social Work, Psychology and Speech and Language Pathology.
- Years of experience in their field of expertise working with young children with differences.
Most services are available bilingually.
Parents, we can help you get the help you need today!
New York State, New York City, and Nassau County Department of Early Intervention approved Not-For-Profit Early Intervention Home-based Agency serving young children with Developmental and Language Delays and their Families in Queens and Nassau County.